Random question
Create Post

Thread: Random question

Random question

So a family friend of mine has a friend who works in the dental area at MCRD San Diego. I met her at my sisters high school graduation and she told me when I get down there to ask for her. Would that be a wise thing to do?

I don't have any specific reason to see her other then her requesting it, but I don't want it to look like something sneaky is going on...

Any thoughts?

Also, a bartender at the bar my roomate goes to says his cousin is a Drill Instructor at MCRD San Diego as well and told me I should tell him I know his cousin. That also sounds like a really bad idea, but I don't want to be disrespectful or have a DI all over me because I didn't listen to his cousin haha.

Keep your mouth shut. Do not ask to see anyone. If you really want to see the Dental Tech, get her number and call her on family day. Otherwise stay away.

I figured as much, but I'd rather ask before hand and be safe then have someone feel I disrespected them and make boot camp any more hell then need be.

My wifes brother IS a DI at MCRD SD, and she was only my fiance at the time to boot.

Yeah, I REALLY enjoyed that one during boot...

Quote Originally Posted by kbs95125
    So a family friend of mine has a friend who works in the dental area at MCRD San Diego. I met her at my sisters high school graduation and she told me when I get down there to ask for her. Would that be a wise thing to do?

I don't have any specific reason to see her other then her requesting it, but I don't want it to look like something sneaky is going on...

Any thoughts?

Also, a bartender at the bar my roomate goes to says his cousin is a Drill Instructor at MCRD San Diego as well and told me I should tell him I know his cousin. That also sounds like a really bad idea, but I don't want to be disrespectful or have a DI all over me because I didn't listen to his cousin haha.
    I think it's funny that you believe you'll be able to request anything! The only thing you have control over in Boot Camp is which hand you will wipe your a** with, and even then your D.I. will probably make you use a "knife hand"!

Quote Originally Posted by BR03Hopeful
    I think it's funny that you believe you'll be able to request anything! The only thing you have control over in Boot Camp is which hand you will wipe your a** with, and even then your D.I. will probably make you use a "knife hand"!

lol you can "request" and dang thing you want......provided your DI's permit you to speak and dont tell you to shut your mouth...but doesnt mean they'll lsiten either or grant your request either.....but boot was fun for the most part..it has its hard parts and all but there are fun times there..(lol usually when DI's arent able to be seen(they are still aroudn though)....jsut rememebr that....but makin fun of DI's is one of the best parts of boot..jsut know if caught youll be QD alot..lol

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter
    lol you can "request" and dang thing you want......provided your DI's permit you to speak and dont tell you to shut your mouth...but doesnt mean they'll lsiten either or grant your request either.....but boot was fun for the most part..it has its hard parts and all but there are fun times there..(lol usually when DI's arent able to be seen(they are still aroudn though)....jsut rememebr that....but makin fun of DI's is one of the best parts of boot..jsut know if caught youll be QD alot..lol
    Yea, it was good stuff when the S.D.I. and D.I.s let us all do impersonations of them the night before graduation. A little weird to see our D.I.s laughing and our S.D.I. smiling, but one of the most fun times I had on the Isle by far.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So a family friend of mine has a friend who works in the dental area at MCRD San Diego. I met her at my sisters high school graduation and she told me when I get down there to ask for her. Would that be a wise thing to do? {Snip}
    One other cheap piece of advice. If you have to go to Dental for anything and you see her, pretend you don't know who she is. Jackson07 gave excellent advice worth following.

Agreed. Even way back when, I found out that my SDI had been stationed near where I lived, and my father had worked on his car (Dad was a Bodyshop foreman at the time). The work was good, no problem, etc.

He knew my name, knew my father......and I got to pay every...single....day for that. Just cause.

Do NOT volunteer a thing about who you know where. All that can come AFTER you march across the grinder and you earn the title. It is a small Corps, after all.

Not that I wasn't expecting these answers but its always good to confirm a bad idea, is in fact, a bad idea. Ha.

Oh, and I don't think I can "request" anything. Just making sure it was a better thing to keep my mouth shut then get torn apart for being disrespectful and not doing something she asked me too.

I just hope I don't get her in dental and have the "You know this lady? Well thanks for keeping your mouth shut. What other things have you kept from your D.I.?"
    haha.

Any thoughts?

Why would you even think of asking to see a certain person. Keep quiet and go where you are told to go.

She asked me to do so. I didn't want to be disrespectful to ANYBODY involved in the Marine Corps by not following a request. I feel that it is a bad idea, and wanted to have it confirmed as a bad idea. Thats all.

It sounds like she wants to see you get some extra QD time.
    Trust me, you won't be acting disrespectful for keeping your mouth shut. After all thats what we are supposed to do when we get there.

The people who are telling you to ask for certain people know exactly what the outcome is going to be and it isn't going to be in your favor. They will be getting a real good laugh however! One of the recruits in my platoon was the son of a Marine LtCol. Boy did he regret that the DI's knew that. One more quick story...my brother was in Navy boot camp in 1990. I mailed him a letter, putting my rank, duty station, etc as the return address on an envelope with a background of Iwo Jima on it...that was probably the only piece of mail my brother hated getting.

Yeah. Haha.

I didn't ever plan on saying anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask here so I don't have to pay for making a bad choice there.

Thread Information